Welcome to Episode 2 of “GDPR for dive centers”! Customer data collection is the first step to check to make your business GDPR-compliant. How do you collect your customers data?
- Paper forms
- Electronic version of the paper form that you send to your customers via email
- Online form with a URL embedded in your web page
- local authorities – if you are required to register every guest in your dive resort at the local authorities
- dive agency – if your customer decides to do a course, you need to transfer some of the data to the dive agency to process and issue the dive certification
- accountant – your accountant will collect and process all your bills and invoices and therefore he/she will read some of your customer’s data
- software providers – think of any kind of software that you use to collect, store and process customers data (e.g. Google Docs, Geek Divers, accounting and/or marketing software…etc.)